.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Big Picture

'Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.' -- Vizzini from "The Princess Bride"

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thankful? You bet!

So today is thanksgiving. In between the all-you-can-eat Thanksgiving Buffet at the Fiesta Henderson, and the Egg Bowl, I thought I'd post a bit about what I am thankful for.

I am thankful for science. For without science I could not eat turkey without wondering if I was going to die of food poisoning.

I am thankful for Christians (really, I am!). For without Christians persecuting other Christians so viciously, this country would never have been born (or even discovered for that matter). Thank you Christians for that insuppressible appetite to eat your brethren. For without you, dissidents would not have been borne and fought for religious freedom.

I am thankful for elitist. Elitist dole out only what they want to us, but they give us a reason to strive, and learn. I also include Christians as well, for they give us a reason to continue to fight tyranny in our very own country.

Turning to more practical thanks, I wish to thank Juan Cole, Bartholomew's Notes on Religion, PZ Myers, My compatriots at Sadly, No!, The General, and last but certainly not least, all the gang at my favorite Christian web site (because they actually let me post comments there), The Narrow ....

An honorable mention goes out to those wild and crazy (white) guys over at Answers in Genesis for providing me with so much material over the years to prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that by ignoring reality, anything is possible.

Oh, and how could I leave out William Dembski? His ego is larger than God's; anyone who disagrees with him in his "comments" section is placed in the (his) blogosphere's version of hell..... (Go ahead, try it just for fun, just say something like "there are other currently living mathematicians today who are more insightful than Dembski" and Bill will remove your comment. Now that is EGO!


Anyway, I hope this little trollop through my thanksgivings helps a little. It certainly reminds me of what I find stimulating in this world.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home