.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Big Picture

'Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.' -- Vizzini from "The Princess Bride"

Sunday, April 16, 2006

War On Christianity

OOPS!

It seems like we atheists (or is it secular humanists??) have failed once again in our not-so-covert war on Christianity. I look around me and all I see are Christians celebrating Easter today. It must be really tough to be so persecuted and still do everything you normally do with zero resistence.

I would like to throw some love to Dan Barker here, please read his Easter Challenge.

Please, comment here on your thoughts regarding this Mimsian "controversy"....

Update:
I guess I should not have mixed two topics in one post, my bad. I would be interested in knowing your thoughts on the Easter Challenge, but if you want to comment on the inanity of Mims, well you can do that too.

Update 2:
I would like to add a bit about the concept of "truth" here. I think that everyone can agree that truth is an absolute; it exists and will not change. What does change is our (humanity's) approximation of the truth. Thus if some (any) path taken towards truth is found to be leading us astray from that truth, then it should be abandoned, in favor of another path. This is, what has happened with the bible -- it is the wrong path, and been shown conclusively so. Thus it becomes crucial to show all that this is the case. That is why I do what I do with respect to proving the utter fallacy of the Bible -- I wantthe truth to become known, and the Bible is the wrong path to truth.

2 Comments:

At April 19, 2006 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I celebrated the original Easter: The one that pays homage to Easter herself, the godess of fertility (hence the eggs and bunnies).

I didn't mention this, or the Easter challenge to my family in case I wouldn't be as welcome to join them next year!

 
At April 20, 2006 1:28 AM, Blogger jeffperado said...

Indeed, that is one of the odd things about Christians, they believe it is their right and duty to convert others to their beliefs, and to profess themselves at every moment, yet the instant you speak up and and give your views, its all "persecution" and a "war on Christianity"...

I'm working on a post about Christians and their skewed views on normal, which is an obvious outgrowth on this duplicitous nature to their beliefs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home