.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Big Picture

'Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.' -- Vizzini from "The Princess Bride"

Monday, September 11, 2006

A Simple Question

Why is it that we, as Americans, have to give up those very things which make us American, to be (remain) American?

If we say that no technique to protect our safety is no longer out of bounds, then haven't we just shredded our very own Constitution??

For the Liberal-Atheist-Secular Humanist record, I would rather die protecting our values, than live by destroying everything we, as a country, believe in.

And guess what? Our values are enshrined in our Constitution. (O.K. I was glad slavery was abolished, and I was glad that equality was established after-the-fact. But tell me again why gays can't enjoy the same rights as straights??)

To just violate the Constitution in the name of protection, is cowardly. Period.




I remember 9-11. Do you? How would you honor those victims. I honor them by upholding those values put forth in our founding document, our very own U.S. Constitution. Those same values that the 3,000 died for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home