.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Big Picture

'Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.' -- Vizzini from "The Princess Bride"

Monday, April 14, 2008

Curiosity

I don't care what your political leanings, your religious leanings, or any other "leanings" are; but I am curious as to what you think.

Question:

Would you rather die for what you believe in -- say your rights in this country, or would you rather live and give up those rights?

See Crooks & Liars.

In my view, I would rather be a little less safe and a lot more free (but I see religion, for example, as what it is -- oppressive in said rights). I do acknowledge that there are others who are the opposite. I just see them as wanting it if -- and only if -- the limiting of rights is as exactly as they would have them, and not someone else would like to place upon them.

Food for thought.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home