.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Big Picture

'Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.' -- Vizzini from "The Princess Bride"

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Kirk Cameron and Creationism

It never ceases to amaze me just how silly Creationists are. Kirk Cameron made this video to defend creationism. Watch the first five minutes of it. You will love the part about the almighty banana.

My thought on this: If the banana were such a perfect demonstration of why Biblical creationism is true; then what the heck is up with the watermelon? Certainly Gallager's smash-o-matic cannot be God's ingenius plan???

Thanks to Crooks & Liars (and all the other sites this clip showed up on!)


Update: I have written a new post here which points out the silliness of Kirk's video even more clearly.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 27, 2006 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so I admit, this production was hokey. I mean, I kept waiting for the two guys to abandon the chairs they were sitting in and just sit on the blanket spread below and have a banana picnic.

In addition, they seemed to repeat the same thoughts over and over and talk down to the audience. Suffice it to say, this isn't the dynamic duo that I would want to represent Christianity Apologetics.

I agreed with some of the content, but overall your point is well taken, it wasn't the best representation of Christianity/Theology.

 
At April 27, 2006 7:43 PM, Blogger jeffperado said...

Thanks Bryan (and double thanks for coming stopping by and visiting!!)

I've spent my entire life studying Christianity, both from the perspective of a Catholic and as an atheist.

I certainly agree that there are far better apologetics out there, and picking off the low-hanging ones seems a bit unfair, for sure.

I also come off seeming very hard on Christianity. I certainly don't think it is all bad, and there are many, many good points to the religion. If it were all up to me, though, I'd do away with all the mysticism and keep only the humanity -- the charity, the companionship, the support-group atmosphere. But in doing that, one ends up with the UUs and UCCs on the liberal end of Christianity.


"banana picnic" That is hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home