.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Big Picture

'Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.' -- Vizzini from "The Princess Bride"

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Pompous Ponderings??

Don't ask me why, but I was perusing the 'books' section of Sam's Club today and came across the paperback version of Bill Clinton's book, My Life. Needless to say (sic), it was the only liberal-esque book available. Maybe I should be thankful that they were only selling Ann Coulter's latest book, that fluffy absurdity she entitled Godless.

But I got to thinking, in two very long years Bush is going to be voted out of office and looking for work. One would guess that some genius will press him to write an autobiography as a way to pay the bills. Now Bill's book is a thousand pages long. It hit me that Bush would most likely make his autobiography a coloring book about two dozen pages long.... Complete with page one being an American Flag, and page two being two stone tablets with the Ten Commandments . The rest of the pages will be color-by-number, and the good guys will all be 'skin tone' (any of you old enough to remember that Crayola flap??) and the bad guys all be 'brown'. The accompanying text, for example, would read, "This picture shows my tough stance against illegal immigration" and the picture would be of Bush in a dune buggy running over Mexicans. Or, "This picture shows me killing the terrorists in Iraq" and the picture would show Bush with a huge plastic turkey feeding the troops.

But then again, maybe I am just being pompous....

2 Comments:

At August 08, 2006 6:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Jeff! I couldn't agree with you more on this post. "Dubya" is quite simply the least intelligent U.S. president we've since Warren Harding and I hope the "powers that be" realize the mistake they made by pushing so hard for such an average-minded person. Also, if you have time check out my latest Gen-X post on that "other" website, lol -- Peace out, Dave

 
At August 21, 2006 8:26 PM, Blogger jeffperado said...

hehehe...

You said "hard"ing....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home