.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Big Picture

'Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.' -- Vizzini from "The Princess Bride"

Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Latest Push for "Thought Crimes"

The Family Research Council's (FRC) own president Tony Perkins has been leading a crusade against what he terms "thought crimes". Those he is fighting are amendments to federal hate crimes laws to homosexuality and other gender-identification crimes to the already existing law. You see, according to him, and other conservative Christians, they have a right to hate and abuse gays. If a gay man is murdered by a gay-basher because he is gay, then that should not be a hate crime (according to these haters).

But now we have the venerable Bill Donohue, head of the Catholic League saying this in regards to Kathy Griffin:
The comedian's remarks were condemned Monday by Catholic League President Bill Donohue, who called them a "vulgar, in-your-face brand of hate speech."

So what was it Kathy said? "Suck it, Jesus"

I have to admit, I'm confused... It is a hate crime to say "suck it, Jesus" but it should not be a hate crime to abuse gays? Isn't this the equivalent of a "special right" given to Christians??

Heh... Can I go on record as saying, "suck it, Bill and Tony!"?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At September 21, 2007 8:40 AM, Blogger Rhology said...

From your profile: "I get to debating Christian delusion, then its game, set, and match."

"Its" is not equivalent to "it's"... just FYI.

Peace,
Rhology

 
At September 22, 2007 9:16 PM, Blogger jeffperado said...

Rhology,

Brilliant call! I take it then that you you agree completely with my post here?

I also would hope that you also recognized that my current career is also incorrect, as I am now a dice dealer...

Too bad such attention to detail as finding a missing "'" does not extend to recognizing the gross errors and appalling behavior as found throughout the bible.


P.S. Did you know that Rheology deals with how mass flows and changes shape? I wonder if there is a connection... No, I will not go there, that is just too banal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home